2 Delicious, Quick & Easy Microwave meals
I have said it before and I will say it again, some times the microwave just saves the day!! We actually do not go a day without using our microwave, from just warming up food to actually making a roast, these days microwaves can do just about anything and super fast! So that is why I am sharing with you these Easy Microwave meals.
Samsung says that there are many healthy meals you can whip up using your microwave oven. In fact, the Samsung HotBlast convection microwave can cook food up to 50% faster than a conventional oven. The way HotBlast works is quite simple; from 60 equally distributed air holes, hot air is blasted downwards onto the food. This hot air derives from a fan that is 1.6 times bigger than traditional convection ovens. A roast chicken will retain its juiciness and flavour, this while cooking in 47% less time than it takes using a conventional oven.
Today I am sharing two very easy microwave recipes that are sure to please your family, a good treat for those nights that we simply do not have time or the energy to stand in front of the stove.
Chicken Mug Pie…
There’s nothing quite like a pot pie to warm you up on a cold winter’s night.
For the Filling
- 3-4 Tbls cooked chicken
- 2 Tbls frozen vegetables (peas and carrots)
- 1½ tsp cornflour (corn starch, or replace with potato starch)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbls chicken stock
- 1Tbls full fat milk (replace with cream for extra body)
For the Biscuit topping
- 4 Tbls flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ Tbls butter, cubed
- 3½ Tbls milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 Tbls chopped herbs
- Add the chicken, vegetables and corn starch to a microwavable mug and mix well, then pour in the stock and milk and stir. Set aside.
- For the biscuit topping: Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a fork, rub the cubed butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Then stir the milk and herbs in to form a batter.
- Scoop the batter on top of the chicken pie mix.
- Microwave for 2-2.5 minutes, until the biscuit batter is firm on top
Salmon is filled with omega 3, great for boosting your immune system.
- 1 single portion salmon filet
- 2 Tbls mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbls sriracha sauce
- 2-3 fresh cut lemon slices
- 1 Tbls parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse salmon filet with cold water and pat dry. Place it skin side down on a microwave-safe plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the sriracha sauce and mayonnaise, then spread over the salmon, then add lemon slices and parsley.
- Cover with microwave safe plastic and cook for 3.5 minutes.
Hope you all enjoy these tasty recipes and do share with us if there are any that you make at home that you think we would enjoy!