#Sponsored, This giveaway and education awareness campaign is sponsored by Liberty.
Planning, Preparing and protecting your child’s future…
Modern education and children are so different to what it was when I was in school, these days we have so many new career options and extra classes or sports options. It takes a lot of planning and preparing as a parent to make sure that our children take all the classes that they need and explore as many options of sports and careers that we can afford. Here are my current thoughts, struggles and plans on the topic and a chance to WIN a awesome wooies voucher!
I really suck at planning but this year I have decided to be way more involved and plan ahead for my daughters education. She is only going to grade R next year but the build up and planning to that is also so important. Here are a few pointers on my planning
- Choosing a school- This was a hard one for me because I wanted her to go to a school that some of her best friends from play school were also going to attend, but I could not afford the one school and then there was the problem of finding an English school that is good enough and suitable.
- Stationary and uniforms- I have decided to ask the school that I enroll her in next year for their stationary lists so that I can already start buying and preparing it for when she goes there.
- sports & extra classes- I had a look at the sports and extra classes that the school offers so that she can take something now that prepares her for them. For example the Ballet and swimming. She is now doing swimming twice a week and a weekly dance class so when she goes to ‘big school” she will already know the basics.
Preparing financially is hard and I have not managed to save a cent yet! I feel like a failure as a parent because I had always imagined that I would prepare for my children in a way that my parents did not prepare for my education. I have been looking at the Liberty Education builder plan that allows you to put money away every month for your children’s education.
When I was in school we did not have to pay extra for sports, it was included in the schools monthly fee. These days everything your child does is at a n extra cost so I need to start preparing for the two sports that she loves and then also what if she needs an extra language class or something. It is very scary to think of!
Just thinking for two kids if they each have three extra classes/sports at about R350 a month per class is an extra R2100 a month! That is not even thinking about school fees or stationary.
Once we are done stressing about all the planning and preparing then there is the worry of what will happen if I am no longer around to take care of my children, who will pay for their education or help take care of them when my husband is at work if something were to happen to me.
If I die in a car crash tomorrow, who will spend time driving my kids around to school and extra classes, or help with homework and practicing sports at home. I may not be the primary bread winner but my time is so valuable. My husband would have to hire a nanny to help with the kids and then that is an EXTRA cost! What if my husband where to fall ill or get in an accident, what would happen to our income.
Life insurance is one thing but it definitely doesn’t cover everything that we need, this is why an EduCator risk benefit is necessary, to ensure that your child’s education is secured should you become severely ill, disabled or even when you are no longer around.
WIN a R2000 Woolworths voucher from #LibertyBack2School
Super easy to enter this one!
- Interact with the Giveaway part 1 Facebook post here: Facebook post
- Click through to the Liberty link here to have a quick look at what they offer: http://bit.ly/2D2pN7h
- Comment on this blog post with your story or education advice.
#Sponsored by Liberty and voucher will be sent to the winner directly from them, Open to South African residents only, winner will be randomly chosen from all the people who commented on both this blog post AND the Facebook post.