It is my pleasure to introduce the Swaddle Up from Love To Dream. This is not your ordinary swaddle, It is designed in a very interesting way that has taken into consideration your baby’s natural sleeping position. Most importantly taking into consideration safe sleep for babies.
As you all should know by now, I am pregnant with a little boy!! We are sooo excited and I am happy to share this journey with you once again and show you the nifty baby and mom items I discover along the way. Technology and design have changed so much since I had my first bundle of joy, I am surprised at the wonderful products I am discovering now. The Swaddle Up is one of these products, So read on to hear about it and also find the details on how to WIN one for yourself as well as other grand Baby & Mom Items up for grabs this month!
When I think of the word Swaddle then I think of having to use a blanket to wrap my baby up snug, this can be tricky and even hard to remember which way to wrap it. The Swaddle up is a convenient version of this age old tradition of swaddling your baby.
“The Love To Dream Swaddle Up has been designed to address some of the comfort aspects of traditional swaddling. In traditional swaddling, babies arms are restricted and swaddled down or with their arms across their chests. The Swaddle UP™ has been designed to allow a more natural “arms UP” position allowing baby to still self soothe, with the greatest range of arm movement for babies while, most importantly, still performing the core job of swaddling – to help prevent the startle reflex and make babies feel secure after being snug in the womb for 9 month”
Here is a lovely Video that shows exactly how the Swaddle up works.
One handy thing that I absolutely LOVE about this product is its twin zipper design! I have tried other sleeping bag related products and the issue is always changing the nappy at night and because they have no bottom zipper then the process is long and wakes baby up too much. The Love To Dream Swaddle Up has taken this into consideration and it has a zip that comes up from the bottom as well so you can easily and quickly change the nappy without having to take your sleeping beauty out of the swaddle.
This way your little one can be soothed, fed and changed during the night without interruption because this product is designed to keep baby snug and safe all night long.
Sleep Safety is on of the things that all mothers stress about, we all have that feeling of what if something happens to baby during the night. With a newborn in the house, I often wake regularly just to check on baby because my mommy nerves are in over drive.
It helps loads to know that you are following basic baby sleep safety rules and at least have your basics covered. Here is a little list of things that the Swaddle Up helps with as well as some safety tips.
Swaddle Up Features
- There’s little risk of the wrap unraveling during sleep time.
- Having their arms UP means less chance of involuntary rolling.
- They have room to move their hips and legs.
- The single layer of breathable fabric reduces risk of overheat
Sleep Safety Guidelines
- Sleep baby on their back from birth, not on the tummy or side.
- Sleep baby with head and face uncovered.
- Keep baby smoke free before birth and after.
- Provide a safe sleeping environment night and day.
- Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping place in the same room as an adult caregiver for the first six to twelve months.
- Do not put anything in the cot or in reach of baby.
(SOURCE: SIDS and KIDS; http://www.sidsandkids.org/safe-sleeping/)
WIN A SWADDLE UP!!!
Ok so I know you are dying to find out how to win a Swaddle Up valued at R430 !!
I have gone and thrown it into this months Mom & Baby giveaway hamper, this means that I will be choosing ONE WINNER this month that will receive the whole hamper. This months Hamper is valued at R2500!
How to enter:
- Check out this post! If you are here then you have probably already done so :)
- Head over to My Facebook page and carry on the giveaway entry on this months Mom & Baby giveaway thread. Here is a Link to it:
T’s & C’s:
- All prizes are sponsored by the brand.
- I was not paid for this post but did receive a Swaddle Up for myself.
- Giveaway is only open to South African residents.
- I reserve the right to disqualify an entry due to anything inappropriate.
- Prizes are sent out either by me or the brand and I am in no way responsible for loss or damage during courier process.