This Competition is now closed
Win a Volvo child seat
I am sure by now you have all see that I have been involved with the #CarseatFullstop campaign. I have been sharing all the child car seat safety facts and do’s and dont’s. Hopefully by now you have all learnt that it is an absolute MUST to have your child properly strapped into the correct age appropriator car seat at all times when you are in the car, even if you are just popping out to the shop!
Child Car Seat Facts we have learnt from the campaign:
- Did you know that only 15% of children in South African are properly strapped in when traveling in a car! That means that 85% of parents do not bother to make sure their children are safe when in a car.
- Being in a car seat dramatically reduces the risk of death when in an accident, by up to 70% ,take a look at the below image!
- You should keep your child rear facing for as long as possible, even up to the age of 6! The whiplash and injury a small child can suffer from the force of impact when front facing is terrible, just think about your tiny little baby or toddler’s head being jerked forward as hard as you could possibly imagine.
- Always make sure your child’s car seat straps are not twisted at all and are pulled tight that they can not slip out or get an arm out. Do not strap your child in with a puffy jacket or blanket around them, the blanket or jacket can cause them to be flung out of the car seat because the straps are not tight when the jacket or blanket is compressed on impact. Strap your child in and then put the blanket over!
Volvo Infant Seat Review
I have just given birth to my little baby girl Violet, she is now a month old and we have been testing out the Volvo Infant car seat since she was born. The Volvo seat not only looks good but is also very comfortable for baby. It is designed to provide comfort and protection for infants aged 0–1 year, or who weigh approx 0–13 kg. The rear-facing infant seat features a deep shaped seat, luxurious new upholstery and high side panels. The large carry handle is easily adjusted using one hand and the headrest can be conveniently altered from the front.
I absolutely love the luxurious look and feel of the seat, the comfortable padding is so nice to keep baby happy. The seat is super easy to install, you just feed the seat belt through the blue strap holders on the sides of the seat and over baby’s lap, clip the seat belt in and then pull the other strap around the back of the seat making sure it goes into the blue flap to secure it on the back of the seat and you are ready to go.
Volvo has a whole new range of high quality, super safe child seats that are just beautiful! So no matter what age your child is, you can find one that is age and weight appropriator making sure your precious cargo is as safe as it gets when driving anywhere in the car. The seats are available to purchase or order from any Volvo dealership around the country and the pricing on the seats are as follows:
1. Infant Seat R4,012, For use from Birth till 13kgs
2. Exclusively rear facing child seat R5,871 for use from 9kg till 35kg. Note that this seat can’t face forward. It is rear facing until 25kgs which is between 4 and 6 years,usually at which point you can move to a booster seat. This is proven the safest method.
3. Booster seat R4012 for 15 – 36kgs.
Win your own Volvo Child Seat
I am so excited to be able to give you a chance to WIN your very own Volvo child seat. The winner will get to choose one of the Volvo seats that are appropriator for their child’s age. Follow the Instructions Below to enter.
- Download the Volvo Children and Cars manual HERE , Give it a quick read and tell me in the comments below one fact you have learnt from the manual and how you as a parent will be changing how you travel with your child.
- Add to your comment your child’s age so that we can know which Volvo car seat is appropriator for your child.
- Share this post on social media and with your friends making sure to tag Pretty Messy Mellon blog so I can see you shared. Remember this campaign is about spreading awareness for child safety, the more people you share it with the more children could be saved!
Ok so lets recap that so you understand, I will be checking entries so make sure to Download the Volvo children and cars manual,read it and comment on this post with one fact you learnt from it, your child’s age and share this post making sure to tag me.
This competition will run from today till 10am on the 30th September at which point I will announce the winner. This competition is only open to South African residents.
#CARSEATFULLSTOP IS SPONSORED BY VOLVO CARS. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHILDREN AND CARS MANUAL HERE.